Friday 24 April 2015

A Flat in Kings Cross



Another video installment.  

In this entry I am talking about a painting I am developing which is inspired by an advert for a flat in Kings Cross.  Last Autumn this tiny box room was advertised online by several letting agents, 20 people registered their interest within hours and it was rented in half a day.  The flat was promoted as: "A modern studio apartment which comes complete and fully self-contained with its own en-suite bathroom and kitchenette."

This unbelievable scenario went viral on social media as people expressed their shock.  You can read more about it in this article in The Independent.


Making this video blog has been a big learning process, talking to my phone is not my favourite thing to do in the world!  But I'm learning a lot, I'm hoping that it will be a good visual way to share the thought processes that go into making the work.  It's an organic and experimental process which will progress simultaneously to accompany the paintings.

The series of videos are now online on a Vimeo Channel, where you can also view previous entries.

With thanks to Mark Latimer, the painter and documentary maker who is helping me to create and edit these blogs.
@latimermark





No comments: