Monday 23 March 2015

I need your Stories!

Do you have a story regarding an issue to do with the private rental market in London?



If you have read my blog before, you will know that I am currently working on a series of paintings that explore the issues surrounding the current housing crisis in London.  The series is a visual and artistic campaign for affordable homes in London, and for change.  

London house prices and the current housing situation is a subject regularly discussed, and as my painting project has developed I've started to incorporate people’s stories into the artwork. The genuine experiences and anecdotes that I’ve heard in casual conversation are fascinating and sometimes shocking.  It feels important to start representing these stories in the art work to show that the Housing Crisis is something we are experiencing collectively, and to give these very real situations a voice.


If you have a story to share I would love to hear it! if I use your story in one of my artworks it can be represented anonymously.  

Has your landlord raised your rent?


Do you feel that your home is worth the rent you pay?
Do you struggle to afford your rent?

I'm looking for anecdotes and quotes which describe how people are affected by what is happening with housing in London at the moment. 

You can email your story to: tinseledwards@hotmail.co.uk

Thank you so much in advance!

Tinsel Edwards x






No comments: